There is something gratifying about buying something that is made, cultivated or lovingly hand crafted by those of the same locality. Buying local products enriches a community. Instead of shuffling to the nearest market to buy gifts/ shop your regular stuff, shop locally. Finding out about where the locally-made stuff is located is now easy.
Sunnyside Garden’s lifestyle boutique in Minneapolis, Trill features an extensive collection of high-quality products made by locals. All the products are made from natural ingredients. Be it home decor, kitchen goods, clothing or accessories, you’ll find unique goodies here.
What is the fuss about local products?
- Familiarity: Back then local wasn’t a sort of exception. It was the reality. Local artists create stuff based on their location. Photographers capture local landscapes and accessories or soap would be made with local materials.
- Supports the community: When you purchase from a locally owned business instead of a nationally-owned business, there is more cash flow within the community. The community stays strongly connected and prosperous.
- Safe for environment: Many local artists are mindful of resources. They recycle, reuse and repurpose items and there is less wastage involved. Additionally, the carbon footprint involved in transporting products from long distances is also cut down.
- Treat yourself to unique products: When you step into a local store, you’ll see they have unique items. Local items make great gifts.
- Employment opportunities: Small businesses employ local employers, helpers and make use of local services thus opening up employment opportunities.
- Invest in community: Local artists/small business owners are a part of your community. They are less likely to leave the community and move to other places. They are keen on investing in your community.
- Support community groups: Non-profit organizations receive 25% more from local businesses. Small businesses are generous with NGOs when compared to international companies.
- Excellent service: The products sold by local artists are a product of their hard work. They are genuinely interested in knowing more about customer requirements and befriend them.
- Makes your community stand out: A community is defined by the activities of its people. The unique stuff or art in your area adds to the definition which can be achieved when continuous local support is provided.
There are so many talented artists in every area who need our support to sustain in business. The individual choices we make could create a huge impact to our community.